APTRA Luxurynsight rolling news
APTRA is pleased to announce a partnership with Associate Member and partner, Luxurynsight, for a rolling news service on retail and luxury news around Asia Pacific.
Check in here for regular news updates from the insights company’s extensive search engine and monitoring tool. For more information about Luxurynsight‘s services, contact Maissa Zard, Head of Business Development, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U.S. Predicts Chinese Tourism to Grow 2% in 2018 | Jing Travel2018 has been a tough year for the United States in terms of Chinese tourism, as tensions over escalating tariffs between Beijing and Washington have put a dent in arrivals from China. An initial estimate from ForwardKeys put the potential cost for the drop in Chinese tourism to the United ... read more
- Thailand: fourth-most-profitable global tourism destinationAccording to the UN World Tourism Organization, Thailand outranks every other nation in Asia when it comes to tourism spend. Last year, it collected $57 billion in international tourism receipts, nearly doubling Macao ($36 billion), Japan ($34 billion), Hong Kong ($33 billion), and China ($33 billion).Globally, the only countries that out-earn Thailand in ... read more
- Beijing Plans to Open Travel Market to Foreign-owned Companies | Jing TravelChina’s outbound tourist market continues to grow at a rapid pace. Given this, Beijing has moved to further open this vast and lucrative market to allow for more wholly foreign-owned companies to sell outbound travel products to Chinese consumers. The proposal, made by Cao Pengcheng, deputy head of the Beijing Municipal ... read more
- Comment: Chinese travellers’ changing affluence for Golden Week 2018Chinese tourists travelling for this year’s Golden Week holiday (1-7 October) bettered 2017’s numbers with a record 710 million Chinese tourists travelling domestically or abroad, rising 10% for the same period last year, according to China’s National Tourism Administration. While growth in outbound Chinese traveller numbers is not news to ... read more
- How Can Brands Brace for the Chinese Outbound Tourist 2.0 | Jing DailyCashing in on outbound Chinese travelers is a challenge these days. Research in recent years has shown that the appetite for outbound travel is still strong and that people are traveling more frequently. But Chinese tourists are spending less than before. That means the top priority for brands, online travel ... read more
- 5 Top Takeaways from ILTM China 2018: Luxury Chinese Travellers’ Evolving ExpectationsThe first China-specific edition of ILTM wrapped up last week, proving to be a genuinely successful event for connecting luxury travel brands with agencies and travel planners. The Luxury Conversation partnered with ILTM to produce a China Insight Report – Next-Gen Luxury Travellers: Affluent Chinese Families. Purchase that report here. ... read more
- Spending on luxury goods has slowed in China, as consumer confidence recedes
- How Travel Industry Players Are Using AR and VR to Drive Chinese Tourism | Jing TravelAugmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) are two of the more quickly evolving fields of digital consumer technology, and travel industry players have already begun using the tech to market experiences to Chinese tourists. The technology can allow potential tourists to “test” the experience of being in a destination ... read more
- Independent Chinese Travelers Close Gap With Tour Groups | Jing TravelChinese tour groups have been a common sight in many destinations for years but in some places, especially Chinese long-haul destinations in the U.S. and Europe, Chinese non-packaged tour travelers have grown significantly and now outnumber package tour travelers.Some 130 million Chinese travelers took an international trip in 2017, up ... read more
- Bridging the Hong Kong, China GapHello BoF Professionals, welcome to our latest members-only briefing. China’s colossal size makes it a top priority for any global business, but it remains opaque to many in the fashion industry. Leveraging our rare access and local knowledge, the BoF China team demystifies the Chinese market with weekly industry analysis ... read more